Give yourself a well-deserved break this holiday season, and avoid overcomplicating your dessert choice! The best dessert displays are clean, simple, and of course, delicious. Here are a few options for easy, beautiful, and flavorful presentations for your holiday table.
Hot Chocolate Bar & Cookies
A pot of hot cocoa is a classic favorite with all of the fixings on the side. A simple cookie assortment - chocolate chip, sugar, and peppermint cookies are the ultimate compliment to hot chocolate!
A traditional white cake (garnished with WSF edible flowers, of course) is a gorgeous statement. Alongside you can add seasonal ice cream, cookies, or a fruit plate. Remember, everything you serve does not need to be from scratch!
When you have a wide range of guests, a charcuterie is sure to have something for everyone. Display an assortment of cookies, chocolates, old-fashioned mints, chocolate-covered strawberries, and you can even add a few mixed berries if you have them on hand. Use what you have, make it your own, and show your personality!
Holidays are joyful, fun, and come mid-December, usually chaotic. Remember your reason for the season and skip stress where you can. Try to keep it simple, don't overcomplicate- save your time and energy to enjoy friends and family! Check out our new recipe for peppermint cookies, a quick, easy, and delicious way to compliment your holiday table this season.
QUICK & EASY PEPPERMINT COOKIES
Is there a more loved winter flavor than peppermint? Family, friends, Santa, everyone loves a splash of peppermint in their dessert assortment! Peppermint cookies go great alongside cake, ice cream and are delicious with egg nog or hot cocoa. You can make these ahead of time to keep on hand for last-minute gatherings, serve them with a dessert display at any holiday function, and even wrap them with candy cane garnish for gifts.
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 2 1/2 cups self-rising flour
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 6 peppermint candy canes
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
- Crush the candy canes and pour into a small bowl, set aside.
- Combine the first 5 ingredients (butter, both sugars, eggs, and peppermint extract) and beat until combined.
- Add flour, mix just until absorbed.
- Fold in both types of chocolate chips- do not over-stir!
- Use a small scoop to portion dough (should yield approximately 5 dozen).
- Dip each ball into the crushed candy canes.
- Arrange the cookies (candy-side-up) on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 12 minutes, until lightly golden. Cool, and serve.