READY IN 60 MINUTES
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup quinoa or almond flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup of cocoa powder (for chocolate cupcakes)
- 1/2 cup 1 stick butter, at room temperature
- 2 large eggs at room temperature
- 1/2 cup whole milk at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Desired frosting
- Place an oven rack in the center of the oven.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a 12-cup muffin pan with paper liners. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flours, baking powder, cocoa powder, and salt.
- In a large bowl, using an electric hand mixer, beat the sugar and butter until combined. Add the eggs, milk, and vanilla. Beat until smooth.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix until just blended. Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin cups (about 1/4 cup batter in each cup).
- Bake until puffed and the cake springs back when touched, 15 to 17 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack and cool fully, about 30 minutes.
- Using a small spatula, frost the tops of the cupcakes.
- Allow the frosting to set for 20 minutes before serving.
- Serves 12.