Spring baking calls for light baking. We see this in every area of the food industry; our taste buds change along with the seasons. As we are shifting to outdoor activities, planning beach trips and embracing the warm weather, we tend to lean more towards light and airy desserts, rather than the rich, heavy cakes and pies savored in the winter months.
There is something to be said about allowing yourself that one blissful cookie with a frosting at a birthday party, or party or indulging in a cupcake with a fluffy but flavor-induced topping— totally worth the calories! So how do we plan for this flavor shift? How do we offer desserts that are both light and flavorful? It’s all in the topping.
Keep your base simple, and then add an infused, airy, marshmallow-based topping. The whipped flavor will accentuate your base but not overwhelm your stomach and leave you wanting more. Check out our flavorful Infused Fluffy Marshmallow Topping and don’t forget to accessorize with some of our many Wholesale Sugar Flowers products!
Infused Fluffy Marshmallow Topping
This easy-to-make Infused Fluffy Marshmallow Topping is spreadable, swirl-able, pipeable, and absolutely gorgeous!
- 4 large egg whites
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Add the egg whites, followed by all ingredients except for the vanilla to a heat-safe bowl of a stand mixer (not in the stand, yet).
- Set the bowl over a saucepan filled with a few inches of simmering water— do not let the bowl touch the water.
- Whisk constantly until the egg whites are warm to the touch and sugar has dissolved, around 3 – 4 minutes.
- Using oven mitts, remove the bowl from the heat and transfer it to your stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment.
- Mix on high, until stiff, glossy peaks form, around 6- 8 minutes.
- Add the vanilla, and mix only a few seconds more.
- Add to your dessert of choice immediately and top with our endless combinations of sweet nonpareils or sugar crystals for a simple and clean finish.
- Add a little freeze-dried fruit that has been ground to a fine powder using a food processor. (Think strawberry, lemon, lime, etc…)
- S’mores? This topping toasts beautifully with a brûlée torch!
- Best if used immediately
- Unused fluff can be stored covered and in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
- Baked goods with this topping can sit at room temperature for around 6 hours or be refrigerated.
- Do not freeze.